Thursday, May 13, 2010

God Is So Good

Some folks would look at this a think about catastrophe. I prefer to think of the protection of God.
This limb fell unexpectedly during a wind storm last night. About 3:15AM we heard a thud that awoke both dh and I and shook the house. The hanging lamp next to my bed was swinging. There was thunder and lightening outside and I just thought it was a strike of lightning but thought it odd that there was no thunder to follow.
Anyway, here is what happened! As you can see, this is a extrememly large limb!
Our family is safe, our home is safe and our garden and shed are also safe. We recently put up the shed and garden area, so I am glad that they are safe as well.
Why are we safe? Is this just all a coincidence?
I think NOT!


As I studied this morning, I went to Psalms 107. The entire chapter is appropriate for what has happened but the following verses I pick out to share with you.
He calms the storm so that its waves are still. Then they are glad because they are quiet: so He guides them to their desired haven. Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! Let them exalt Him also in the assembly of the people, and praise Him in the company of the elders.
Psalms 107:29-32
Blessings as you find God in your day, Suzie



1 comment:

Brenna said...

Praising God with you, Suzie. So glad all is well. Want to thank you also for the Safety Chain information here. We've been enjoying studying through it with our eldest.