Saturday, October 3, 2009

Challenges with a Robot....and life

The last couple weeks and the next few to come have been filled with problems solving in many different areas of life.  My two oldest children and dh are part of our local Homeschool Robotics Team.  They are building a robot for the BEST Robotics Competition in Oklahoma City in 2 weeks.  The children (and dads) have been working tirelessly on this project for four weeks now, two more to go.


Here is our current robot.  We finished putting the claw on last night only to find that the arm motor could not lift the claw, it was too heavy.  However, do not lose heart.  Only  a slight modification is needed, a little counterweight on the other end, to help the motor our a bit.


My thoughts tonight are not really about the robot, but life.  God is the ultimate designer of us all.  Just as with the robot, God is constantly fine tuning us for His glory.  He doesn't throw the whole thing away and start over, he just makes fine little adjustments.  When challenges come my way, I need to remember that these are just wrenches, thrown my way to help me make adjustment, for the glory of Him.


A verse for today, James 1:2-3

My bretheren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of

your faith produces patience.


Blessings,  Suzie

No comments: