Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cherries Jubilee


Summer is rapidly coming to a close and thus the need has arisen to fill my winter pantry with sale/free fruit to get us through to next spring.  W**-Mart had a huge sale on cherries a few weeks ago, so we pitted, jellied and froze enough for an army.  Actually 27 pints of jelly and 4 pies.

We also picked the peaches from our peach tree and combined with sale peaches from the store, canned 16 quarts of peaches.  They will be yummy in cobbler this winter.  Nothing like a great peach cobbler in December.

As I shared previously, I lost my grandmother a few months ago and these are activities that I used to watch her do as a young girl, so along with taking care of my own family, I have been grieving that loss as well.  It has been a rather difficult but profitable summer.

I pray that the blessings and bounty of the harvesting season are to your family as well. 

Blessings,  Suzie

No comments: